A reddit post revealed some interesting WoW Leaks at Gamescom. While we can’t verify the credibility of the leaks, it will be interesting to see what awaits us in Battle for Azeroth in the near future.
- Blizzard is supposed to announce that WoW subscribers are back at 10+ million.
Patch 8.1 is called “The Tide Whispers” and comes with Nazjatar, a new raid with Azshara, and a total of 9 bosses. We should also get 2 new dungeons:
- The Shadowlands – focuses on Bwonsamdi & Vol’jin lore.
- Nazjatar: Sea of Stars
Crestfall & Zul’Dare are new outdoor questing zones and each faction has their own story.
- Crestfall is an Alliance zone, populated by isolationist Kul Tirans. Reaching Exalted reputation with the new faction unlocks Kul Tiran Humans.
- Zul’Dare is the Horde zone. The island held an ancient holy site for the Zandalari, the Halls of Loa, but had been taken and settled by Kul Tirans in the past. Horde players must retake the island and probably reach Exalted with the faction in order to unlock Zandalari Trolls.
- The patch trailer should be narrated by N’zoth.
- Kul Tiran Humans & Zandalari Trolls will be gated behind Exalted reputation standing with the Nazjatar Resistance faction associated with the new quest hub.
- Blizzard will unveil a Genn Greymane cinematic, similar to Old Soldier. It’s supposed to feature Genn, Katherine Proudmoore, and Taelia Fordragon. It focuses on family and flashes back to his son in Gilneas. Baby Jaina and Katherine also make an appearance. The cinematic ends with Genn pulling up a chair in front of Saurfang in his Stockades cell.
- The end of the presentation shows off Anduin and Sylvanas in her banshee form fighting. More information is probably going to be revealed at BlizzCon.
The game files currently contain a map called “Nazjatar” and Blizzard plans to unveil the Azshara Animated Short soon, we’ll have to wait until Friday to see what’s next!