At Gamescom, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot explained that fans won’t get a new Assassin’s Creed title in 2019, but instead the company will support upcoming title Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (out on October 5).
Back in 2016 Ubisoft announced that the series wouldn’t be annual as it had been up until that point. Indeed, after the release of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate the series skipped 2016, following it up with Assassin’s Creed Origins in 2017.
As to why Origins and Odyssey came out in successive years, Gamespot reports Guillemot said, “It’s just because the team were working separately, so we have two games now, on year after the other. But next year you’re not going to have a fully fledged one.”
Gamespot says that Guillemot further confirmed that there would be no spin-off title either.