This patch brings preparations for the War Chest: BlizzCon 2018, which will be available on August 9th and feature a whole lot of new skins, banners and bonus items for other Blizzard games. You can check out the preview of the chest and the rest of the patch notes, which feature a lot of bug fixes focused primarily on co-op, below:
War Chest Season 3 (source)
The next War Chest is arriving soon. Check out the skin trailer we debuted at GSL vs the World.
Below is a collection of all the new loot you can expect for each of the three races.
New Cosmetic: Banners
The third season of the War Chest brings with it a new cosmetic item: banners. Banners are a new way to customize your look in StarCraft II, and are displayed whenever you load into a game in Versus or Co-op. Each War Chest you purchase comes with its own race-specific banner, and if you pick up all three, you’ll also receive the exclusive “random” banner for those that let fate choose their race..
Along with all these new items, the War Chest also includes a 50% boost to experience earned when playing Co-op. Unlike previous War Chests, this boost will not be limited to 30 days—it will be active for the entire duration of the War Chest event. This means you’ll have from August 9 until December 6 to level up your favorite commanders.
Those who purchase the bundle will receive the “random” banner as well as the following items claimable in other Blizzard games.
War Chest: BlizzCon 2018 will be available for purchase starting August 9. You can purchase the race of your choice for $9.99 each, or you can buy the bundle for $24.99.
4.5.0 Patch Notes (source)
The War Chest: BlizzCon 2018 has been added in preparation for its global launch on August 9.
- Over 70 new items will be available including new skins, portraits, sprays, emoticons, and a new cosmetic: banners.
- Learn more in our preview blog.
- The In-game music that plays while not in a match will no longer play over campaign cinematics and cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mass Recall and Strategic Recall targeting cursor to not match the actual size of the affected area.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Anti-Armor timer to appear on the info panel of friendly units.
- 16-Bit – Increased the brightness of certain areas that appeared too dark on Low graphics settings.
- Fracture LE – Fixed an issue that caused certain doodads to appear as placeholder spheres in the Editor and missing in the game client.
- Blueshift LE – Fixed terrain textures that were not aligned with certain mineral deposits.
- Kerrigan – The Hydralisk Den can no longer morph into a Lurker den while it is evolving an upgrade.
- Nova – Fixed an issue where attempting to immediately unload units after using Tactical Airlift would cause the units to be dropped off in their original location.
Cradle of Death
- Fixed the mineral arrangement for the left main base.
- Added lights to the ramps leading outside of the center bases to help guide players to the next objective.
- Fixed more doodads where units could be teleported to and become stuck.
- Malwarfare – The UI Minimap Icons for Kill Bots and Suppression Towers are no longer the same.
- Miner Evacuation – Replaced missing environment art.
- Part and Parcel – Fixed an area of the map where units could be dropped and become stuck.
Nova Covert Ops
- Replaced missing environment art on the mission “Night Terrors.”
- Troopers now benefit from infantry upgrades.
- The Blazefire Gunblade’s damage is now shown correctly in the info panel.
- Legacy of the Void – The Swarm Queen now has the correct unit model on the mission “Amon’s Fall.”
- Zerg melee attack upgrade no longer displays as a blank icon when looking at the Upgrade info panel during a replay.
- Player Portraits can appear blank or missing when loading a replay.